I think I’ve always believed that mind, body and spirit health are related. As I explored what it means to be restored and pursued my Certified Natural Health Professional program, I began to see just how much they are connected.
- Ever feel stress in your stomach?
- Get a headache just thinking about a problem?
- Big weight changes during times of spiritual stress?
- Feel full of energy after a particularly fun experience?
These simple experiences feed your inner knowledge that your mind, body and spirit are all connected. If your “health” is suffering in one of these areas, it often shows up in the others.
This is so important to learn as you’re being restored. If you’re only working on physical exercise and your spirit is in poor health, you’re not going to be healthy. If you get counseling to help your mind and spirit and ignore your physical health, you’re not healthy.
Here’s 25 tips to getting good balance for your mind, body, and spirit and restore them all to health:
- Pray. A lot.
- Eat real organic foods. Pesticides kill bugs and harm you.
- Get chlorine out of your water. You can do this with a whole house filter or put filters throughout the house (don’t forget the shower!).
- Get more sleep. I know, easier said than done. Omega fatty acids have helped me get more restful sleep.
- Toxic people harm more than just your ears, they’re unhealthy. Kindly help them exit from your life.
- Get outdoors more often. We have a saying in our house, ‘dirt don’t hurt.’ Get dirty, it’s healthy for you.
- Breathe deeply. Stop and take a deep breath often until it becomes a habit.
- Smile. Right now, do it. ?
- Spend more time with your loved ones.
- Discover your love languages, share them with your mate. Feed those areas.
- Get your gut healthy. I know I talk about this a lot, but diseases start in the gut.
- Get creative. Do some art. Draw something. Create something.
- Take a walk. It relaxes all three parts of your health.
- Remember where you’ve come from: look through old photos and reminisce.
- Be grateful and give back to your community.
- Join a women’s small group so you have confidants to share with.
- Take a class learning something you’ve always wanted to do.
- Stop comparing yourself to others. You don’t know where she is at on her journey.
- Start a small garden.
- Journaling. It’s healthy to write out your thoughts and feelings. You may want to keep it … or you may want to burn it.
- Make yourself a priority.
- God loves music. Listen to something you love.
- Forgive someone that you’ve been holding on to for too long.
- Practice daily stretching. It helps relax your muscles and reduce overall stress.
- Drink more water. I know it’s tough if you’re not a water drinker, but it’s necessary.
Your mind, body and spirit health are all connected. What tips do you have to help restore your health? Leave them in the comments below!
How do you change your health? One step at a time. Each step in restoring your health is made up by deciding to take up healthy habits. Change your health by making lifestyle changes – big and small. This month, we’re focused on restoring our health – body, mind and spirit.
You are successful at changing your health when you’re successful at changing your habits. You can do it! I want to help!
Here’s what’s in store:
- You’ll receive my free 5 Daily Habits to Better Health guide that will help you establish good habits to improve your health.
- A Trim Healthy Mama menu plan for the month of June. Breakfast, Lunch, Snack, Dinner and Dessert are all covered! All you need is the THM recipe books. This is the best diet to see actual results without starving yourself. You’ll love it!
- Access to a Restoring Moms Facebook Group for encouragement and support! Find other moms who want to restore their health this month!
Just fill out the form below and you’ll be on your way to restoring your health.